Friday, November 26, 2010

Hope is your enemy

Everyone knows it, for sure. You back/lay a horse, it turns against you and then you can watch yourself hoping that the odd come back.

This happened to me in Horse Racing / Taun 25th Nov : 2m7f Hcap Chs - 16:30 race. It was very unusual race from my point of view. Moreover, I made a small loss on market before this one, so I wanted to get the money back quickly. 8 minutes before the start I was thinking that second fav will go down or will be quite stable at 4.00 and 1st fav will raise. So I made a lay bet on the 1st fav. Ooops, that was big mistake. I realized it too late. I was still thinking that my sense of prediction was right. Then I backed it at 3.15 (later it came to 2.90) and I just cut my loss till the end. Then I realized that big money were matched on this market. Very unusual market with many big swings. Probably many traders win big money or loss big money. 

If everyone can remember this race, write your opinion in comments. It would be nice, if we could put and discuss our thoughts about trading in comments from time to time. 

Anyway, it was a good day and I think I will be relaxing this weekend.

25 Nov

3 comments:

  1. Hi, newish to trading, learning alot each day, just wondering if you have any advice/tips, bankroll management, pitfalls to avoid. My plan is in the future to try become a full time trader, cant stand the normal 9-5 and after a pretty bad couple of years decided life is too.

    Anyway, keep posting on the blog,

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,
    I am glad that you are intend to become a full-time trader. Keep me informed about your results then.
    Actually, the best thing I could advice you, you already know; is to be fully focused on trading and still have it in your mind, that you will be a full time trader one day and horses will earn you money.

    Dont follow everytime WOM factor and you dont need any money management when you know the moves on markets.

    Best of luck,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,
    i am betfair full-time trader since 4 years and since short time i started to trade for customers with a ROI of 35% per month on average.
    If you are interested to join me or share trading views dont hesitate add me in msn juanmonaco@hotmail.fr or mail me in that adress.
    good luck

    ReplyDelete