Sunday, February 13, 2011

What I've learned part2

Many times I used to think negative thoughts like I will never be a successful full-time trader. Especially when I read others traders blogs, for example Adam Heathcote blog was very popular in that time when I was starting. He was regularly writing something about instinct you have to use during trading. Okay, so, hmm, instinct is something you were born with and if you were not, you cant develop this instinct to yourself.
Nowadays, I use this word, too. Because it is probably the best word to answer question: why are you successful? So remember, this kind of instinct you can gain.

You have to be willing to change your mind. Even change your long term view of the market. The best way to do that is reanalysing market all the time while you are trading and keep yourself open to more than one scenario. I am always talking to myself during trading about what I see. It is little bit strange but it helps. Just cant stop asking and answering questions like: Why am entering the market? How long I am willing to wait? What if the entry signal changes quickly? Where is my profit target/stop loss? I am asking and answering these questions and re-analysing market over and over again during all 10mins.

Learning process consumes a lot of time. I was lucky enough, that I had a second income so my profits/loss in Betfair was not so important. During learning you should be focused on what you have learnt at the end of each day. I used to record my trading, then analyse them and write down what I have learnt. I was noticing something like this: oops, I didn't notice the big traded money there, didn't notice movement on fourth horse, I didn't get the right long term tendency, oops here I was too greedy and irrational or this was too naive... I highly recommend you do the same.

And finally, always set a goal. But only a goal you know you can reach. I said to myself, okay, I need to have only 25€ profit on each race and I am making 500€ a day. That's why you can see so many races with profit around 25€ in my last screenshot of trading with profit more than 500€/day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog, can you put up a screenshot of the last weeks trading?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Hi, i would love to put a link to your blog on my blog (which has a nice number of visitors). Would you put a link to my blog on yours then?

    www.tyttetrading.wordpress.com

    Very nice to read about your experiences!

    Good luck
    Tytteboevs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog and I must say it's a really nice one! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete